Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We love our house! It's beautiful, it's got a great backyard with a huge oak tree, flowers everywhere, tons of natural lighting, a newly remodeled kitchen, great closet space...and tons of other fun upgrades we've added over the years.  But more than being just a house, it's a home.  It's the house we came home to after our honeymoon, it's the house we brought our sweet baby boy home to, it's got so many other great memories...

But soon we will be selling it and moving to a different house, which I'm sure over the years will become a home to us as well...

So before we start packing and moving and selling, here is a tour of our casa...


This is a view of the front of our house, we added that walkway and have redone the flowerbeds several times in the last few years.  This spring has been really beautiful and roses are just breathtaking this year. 

Here is our super fab front door, I just love the iron work.  Kris laid the tile in the entry last year to match the rest of the house and I love the warmth it adds.

Dining room - bright and cheery

Living room - my favorite room in the house.  We laid the hardwood floors ourselves (that was a learning experience).  But I love how much natural lighting there is in this room and that it overlooks the atrium.  Little buddy and I play in this room everyday (which mostly consists of Thomas or cars).

Here's a better pic of the atrium, you can see Puppy Pate hanging out in the background.

We fully remodeled the kitchen in 2008 and I just love it! It's the center hub for our house.

Master bedroom, this room overlooks the atrium as well, which is so nice and peaceful, it's like having a retreat in your own house.

Little Buddies room...

 Guest room and Tiffany bathroom, I think aqua and white are such great color combinations!  


 Study/TV room.  We decided to put the french doors in last year and I'm so glad we did!  Little buddy plays all the time out there and it's so nice to be able to go in and out. This room is so bright and cheery.

Backyard...I LOVE this tree!  It's so, so, so pretty, I'll miss it a lot, and the great bench swing...

Well that's it! That our casa...we love it and will miss it.  So where are we going you ask...not far, just down the street (literally).  Here's a glimpse of the new casa...it's what you might call "a fixer upper"...

1 comment:

  1. I like both homes. I'm also looking forward to watching all the upgrades on the new casa. Upgrading my home is what keeps me sane. You have done a great job on your first home.

    ReplyDelete